Friday 14 February 2014

London Fashion Week February 2014 - Friday the 14th

Hey y'all!

London Fashion Week commenced today and I was super eager to get down to Somerset House and let the fun begin. As you guys might know, I write for a website called Stilorama (http://www.stilorama.com/blog/) and although it is just a hobby, I do get exciting opportunities to attend glamorous events such as Fashion Week (!)

For day one, I decided to start off with a bang. Let's just say this is my 'take a walk on the wild side' look...


(This picture is courtesy of fashionwearbook.com)









Blazer: Forever 21
Top: H&M
Trousers: Boohoo.com
Shoes: eBay
Bag: Primark
Earrings: H&M
Bracelet: Primark
Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC

As for fellow writer Zinat, she took a more neutral approach...







Coat: Mango
Shorts: River Island
Top: River Island
Kimono: H&M
Shoes: Office
Necklace: Topshop
Bag: CĂ©line

We went to a couple of shows today, the first being Lulu Liu's A/W 2014 catwalk. I really enjoyed this show. I don't know what it was exactly, but something about it just seemed to really connect with me. It was all very pretty, but the core idea of the collection according to the designer was to create the elegant and yet confident woman; this was heavily influenced by 18th century China and an empress from the Qing dynasty. 

There were lots of bold, rich colours mixed with black and white and lots of different textures as well. There were ruffles and silk - all very feminine - but also tailored pieces and thicker, heavier materials to juxtapose with the elegance. Here are a few of my favourite pictures...





















I also had the pleasure of meeting YouTuber and blogger Sammi, also known as BeautyCrush or TheBeautyCrush. She's been my number one favourite YouTuber since I can remember!

Following on from Lulu Liu, I attended the Ones To Watch catwalk, which showcased four different up and coming designers, making their debut this Fashion Week. They included Carrie-Ann Stein, George Styler, Hiroko Nakajima and Sarah Ryan. 

Here are the photos from Ones To Watch...




^ First up was Sarah Ryan. There was pretty much a neutral colour palette going on, and the collection had a very earthy feel to it (not that in the sense of mud or grass, ya feel me though?)








^ Carrie-Ann Stein.
Her collection had a more cosmopolitan feel to it. There were lots of big shapes and prints / colours that were sort of mish-mashed together to give it a modern feel.






^ Hiroko Nakajima
There's only one thing that springs to mind here: geometric. I loved the bags. The collection was simple with a lot of colour blocking, but overall it was quite quirky and, surprisingly, wearable (though the hats...well?)










^ Finally, George Styler. I don't know how to describe this collection. Let's say .. vintage meets glitter meets monsters meets punk meets your Grandma's knitted sweaters.
Sorry.

I also attended the Ping He show, but didn't manage to get many pictures as the lighting was quite bad and I was sitting pretty much at the back. However, I enjoyed that show thoroughly, and did manage to get a picture with the designer herself...


Not a very good photo, but oh well!

Bring on day 2!

Rhi x

No comments:

Post a Comment