Monday 17 February 2014

London Fashion Week February 2014 - Sunday the 16th

Hi guys,

Yesterday was a lot more chilled and luckily the weather was on our side! I could see that people were taking advantage of the sunshine, and I did too...








Kimono: Boohoo.com
Top: Ann Taylor
Jeans: Vintage
Shoes: eBay
Clutch: Boohoo.com
Hat: H&M
Rings: H&M
Necklace: Accessorize
Earrings: eBay

This is my 'east meets west' look. I don't normally like floral prints but a kimono without flowers is sort of like a fry-up without eggs .. it doesn't really fit the bill! 

I also got my make-up done by MAC yesterday, which was really enjoyable. We went for oriental eyes, a glowing complexion (that strobe cream is amazeballs!) and really nice fuschia lips. A benefit of getting your make-up done by MAC is the goodie bag you are given at the end!

I went to see a Portugese catwalk show in the evening - João Melo Costa and Daniela Barros were the designers presenting their new collections. They are both quite well known in Portugal and obviously showcasing at London Fashion has gotta be a big deal for them!






These were some of the shots I managed to get from Daniela Barros' collection (it was quite difficult as I was standing.) Overall, I was a little disappointed with it - it was all quite monotonous and the only thing I was really interested in were the quirky hairdos these models donned. The designer was said to have wanted the pieces to be quite androgynous. It was true that lots of key pieces had a masculine feel to them while other aspects of the collection, such as the more delicate materials, hinted at femininity. 







The two designers had similar styles, but João Melo Costa's collection was a little more interesting. He added some glitz to some of the pieces, and I liked the skirts and dresses with splits up the side. I also liked the shoes a lot, for some reason. The designs were, again, rather androgynous, but definitely something more wearable and yet creative for the confident, don't-mess-with me woman.

I hope you enjoyed these London Fashion Week posts!

Rhi x

No comments:

Post a Comment