Thursday 27 November 2014

5 Autumn / Winter Nail Polish Picks!

Hi guys,

I want to share with you some of my favourite nail polishes for autumn / winter, so without further ado, here they are...



1. Catrice Cosmetics - 280 London's Weather Forecast

First of all, I applaud these guys for the name of this nail polish! Being a Londoner, I can completely understand the connotations .. but anyway, the nail polish itself is a really lovely grey colour with a very slight blue undertone. Under the light you can see that it's got a slight shimmer to it. After 2 coats, this baby is good to go and is a very calm, cool, collected colour.


2. Barry M - Amethyst Glitter

Wham! This polish is all up in yo grill. I love, love, love this polish for the festive season; it's jam-packed with various colours of glitter, and the particles aren't sparse (glitters that are sparse really get on my nerves.) I love Barry M in general anyway; very good nail polishes for an affordable price.


3. No7 - Foxglove 80

I've had this colour for a number of years now but it's still one of my favourites. It's quite a classic autumn colour, an (aptly) foxglove colour, no sparkles or anything. It's very rich and sophisticated, and as you can see from the pictures it looks very bright in sunlight and quite dark in the shade.


4. O.P.I - Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

This is a gorgeous dark blue with a hint of teal shimmer. Quite a mysterious colour, in my opinion; great for Christmas or New Year's parties.


5. elf - Dark Red

Also had this polish for a long time but it doesn't fail to satisfy me. I can get away with 2 coats of this but it usually looks near-perfect at 3, which is the only annoyance. I think the colour is lovely and unique (I've actually been trying to find a lipstick this colour so if you have any suggestions let me know!)




Sorry for my messy painting skills! I'll be sure to nail the painting next time ;)

Rhi x

No comments:

Post a Comment