Thursday 18 June 2015

My Week In Breakfasts #2


Hey guys,

I shifted this back one day, so I'm going to be going through what I made each day from Sunday to Thursday of this week, simply because I came back to uni today for a few days to see friends and party, so I have basically no food here and nothing worthy of incorporating into a blog post!!

SUNDAY




As it is now officially summer, I went a bit crazy and bought copious amounts of fruit, including these absolutely delicious strawberries from Waitrose. As usual, I made my porridge with one cup of porridge oats to one and a half cups of semi-skimmed milk; I love this ratio because the porridge turns out not too thick but not too watery. 

I added honey to sweeten it and then chopped up some strawberries and sprinkled some ground almonds as I think it adds a little something extra to the porridge. Green tea, as per!


MONDAY



On Monday I didn't have a very busy day at all so I decided to do a bit of experimenting for breakfast, which I always do when I get a chance! I decided to make pear and fig porridge. I put the milk and porridge oats on the hob and very early on added bits of chopped pear and cut up dried figs. I also added about a teaspoon of cinnamon. Once the porridge was ready, I added honey, sprinkled a bit more cinnamon over it and garnished with some pear, figs and walnuts. Compared to Sunday's breakfast this breakfast was quite autumn / winter inspired, but pear is my absolute favourite fruit to have with porridge and I thought figs and nuts would go well with it.

I had green tea much earlier as I woke up and read my book in bed for a while, so at the dining table I decided to simply go for water with lemon.


TUESDAY



On Tuesday I had to get up early for a doctor's appointment so didn't really have time to make porridge. I settled for this raisin and almond granola by Jordans, which is nice and simple and doesn't have a lot of sugar like many other brands of granola do, or cereals. I added some banana to the granola as well.

I didn't have time to make tea either as obviously it's hot so is not something to drink in a rush; instead I went for a very summery strawberry and frozen mango smoothie. I didn't have any almond milk so used semi-skimmed milk and a bit of water.


WEDNESDAY



On Wednesday I also had a very laid-back day so decided to do some major experimenting at breakfast. I found a recipe on Pinterest for 'paleo French toast', which is basically a concoction of eggs, mashed banana, cinnamon, honey, vanilla extract and nut butter. I firstly whisked the eggs in a bowl and then added the mashed banana. I poured the mixture into a pan and stirred it, gradually adding in the honey, cinnamon and one teaspoon of vanilla extract. Three eggs gave me quite a substantial portion but it turned out really well, very yummy indeed. I probably put a bit too much peanut butter on it though! The Meridian peanut butter I used has no added stuff in it so it's very healthy. You can get both the smooth and crunchy versions.

I also had some melon as I always have fruit at breakfast, as you know.


THURSDAY


This looks like a very plain breakfast but it was still delicious! I caught my train back to Guildford this morning so needed something to keep me going for the journey. I made porridge with honey and cinnamon and then made a little fruit salad consisting of melon, banana and pear, with a dash of orange juice. 


Thanks for reading!

Rhi x 

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete