Sunday 4 August 2013

Austria and Slovakia 2013


As I mentioned yesterday, my summer holiday this year was to Austria and Slovakia. We went to a family wedding in Austria, which was lovely, and then I managed to get some sightseeing done in Vienna, the capital, as well :) .. it's got a lot of nice places of interest; the funfair was definitely a favourite! It's there all year round, so if you're thinking of heading in that direction of Europe then I strongly suggest taking a trip there. If you've got kids, they'll love it, and if you don't, well, just release that inner child of yours and it'll be epic! Food was lovely - I'm contemplating fasting now because I ate so much there - and the weather was, as mentioned, slightly ridiculous. We Brits will just never get used to the hot weather, so I think it might be quite a good thing that we are only allocated a certain amount of summer each year! We wouldn't stand a chance otherwise.

As for Bratislava, it was quite small for a capital city, but that certainly didn't stop it from being beautiful. Some parts are slightly more run-down than others, which is understandable because places are still being renovated and businesses are fairly new. The old town was the main source of attraction; some people I think describe it as a mini version of Prague. Now, I haven't been to Prague but I can imagine they both have similarities. Either way, that area was incredibly lively and picturesque :) ..  The photo of the blue church is one of my favourites!

Below: Vienna and a castle in the countryside that we visited.





^ These are quite literally one of the best things in life.









^ Austria was another chance I got to spend with Clara! 


Below: Bratislava and some of the surrounding area.














Will definitely miss this holiday!

Rhi x



No comments:

Post a Comment