Friday 29 November 2013

Paloma Faith's "Faith in Art" Exhibition

Hi all,

On Wednesday evening I had the pleasure of attending singer Paloma Faith's "Faith in Art" exhibition, which opened with Paloma herself in attendance and free champagne and biscotti (just had to throw that in there.)

Paloma is curating this art exhibition compromising a selection of her album artwork and other iconic imagery since her debut album was released in 2009. All the images were limited edition and hideously expensive, so I decided to abstain from using my wallet that evening. They were amazing even so - all of the shots were captured by critically acclaimed photographers David Standish and Finlay Mackay.

Here are some of my own snaps...


^ Upon arrival at the exhibition ...






^ Paloma being interviewed


^ Me and Zinat having a good time
 
^ I thought her outfit was absolutely lovely! 


 'I am thrilled to be able to exhibit these artworks. The photographers involved are all amazing and I am so proud to have worked with them. I am extremely hands-on with my visuals, and collaborate very closely with photographers to achieve the final image.
In an age where we are all downloading music, it's wonderful to be able to appreciate fully the work that goes into creating the beautiful imagery surrounding an album.'
- Paloma Faith

* The exhibition runs from 28th of November to 1st of December and is open from 10am - 8pm.

Rhi x

No comments:

Post a Comment