Friday 16 May 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Review


Hi guys,

Let me start by talking a little bit about my skin. I think everybody has a combination of both oiliness and dryness when it comes to le visage; for me, this is thanks to puberty, genetics and also the fact that I often work in a cold environment (I do a lot of figure skating.) My pores are pretty refined but I do have quite a lot of uneven redness and as of late, rather a lot of blemishes on my chin, nose and forehead. Hence why I wanted to find a product that could magically solve this problem...

As we know, skincare products do not work 'magic', so to speak.

I opted for the Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay, a gel-like product that claims to help unclog pores, get rid of blemishes and reduce the effects of acne. I remember reading a magazine and seeing a top dermatologist talking very fondly about this product, so I decided that it was worth a shot. It retails for about £15.





^ I have to say, I did like the packaging. It seemed professional and very dermatological-like .. if that makes sense.

I used the gel every night before I went to sleep. I applied it across the whole of my face; the smell was quite chemically and my face felt a little bit dry afterwards. Apparently you can use moisturiser afterwards but I didn't really know that so I just went to sleep straight after using it.

After the first week, I didn't really see much of a difference, but I suppose that's understandable as it does take quite a few weeks to notice the change, apparently.



After the second week:





I really did have high hopes for this product and kept going with it for about 6 weeks or so but I have to say that I didn't see significant improvements. Blemishes were slightly reduced in redness but were not erased completely, which is what I expected / hoped. I found it quite difficult to keep track because I would often get a couple of spots pop up here and there, but - as we should all remember - sometimes it's not about keeping our face clean on the outside, but what our hormones actually get up to on the inside! Also, I'm a girl, so there are more than enough hormonal changes going on in my body *sighs*

Despite being disappointed, this product did give me the motivation to take a step back and review my skincare routine. What can I change myself or do differently without necessarily using a fancy product? I know that eating a lot of sugary foods doesn't help skin, neither does using brushes that haven't been cleaned for 3 months, or touching my face whenever I feel like it! I fall victim to all of these. It's very true that what you put on the inside shows up on the outside!

Anyway, I've been rambling a little too much!

Rhi x

No comments:

Post a Comment