Thursday 23 October 2014

FOTD: 23/10/14

Hi guys,

So from today I want to start doing 'Face of the Day' posts as well as the normal OOTDs. I think this will perhaps encourage me to change up my make-up more because I always seem to wear the same damn look everyday, haha! (not that that's a bad thing but when there are so many possibilities, why not go for 'em??)

Today is quite a productive day and, being in the autumn spirit, I opted for a very deep lip colour and neutral eyes with winged eyeliner. Keep reading for the breakdown...



Before I applied any make-up, I cleansed with my Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash, which is especially good for oily / combination skin. Then came the moisturising cream (I like to use a simple one from Boots.) The next step I do is something I've only recently added to my morning skincare routine, and that is suncream. Despite the fact that winter is almost here, we are still subject to UV rays on a daily basis, even though it may not feel particularly sunny outside. The sun's rays are the ultimate source of wrinkles, so I've decided to start early and combat them while I can, haha xD



1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer...
   ...comes first! This may sound odd but I actually use this concealer as a foundation, simply because I find that MAC's products are quite high coverage and it allows my skin to be an even tone with a little bit of my natural glow coming through - always a good thing.
2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
I put this on my dark circles and blemishes.
3. Collection Pressed Powder
I used this to set my concealer and dusted some over my T-zone because that is the area that gets particularly oily during the day.
4. MAC Harmony Blush
Used this on the tops of my cheekbones and worked it up towards my hairline. Gave a lovely warmth to my face without looking orange.

I also brushed through my eyebrows after I had done all of this. Halfway through:


5. MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
I used this as a nice base for my eyeshadow and just to give my eyes a nice, bright glow.
6. Beauty UK Eyeshadow Collection in Earth Child
I used a light grey shadow from this palette on my lid, but only halfway. I also used some on the outer corner.


7. Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
When I apply liquid eyeliner I tend to use this felt-tip liner first to draw the outline and shape of what I want. If I go straight in with the liquid liner, messing up is usually guaranteed!
8. Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
...and then I use this to get the perfect line.
9. Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara
The final step for my eyes.
10. Topshop Lip Bullet in Bewitched
An amazing deep purple colour; highly pigmented.

And here's the finished look...






Rhi x


No comments:

Post a Comment